Do you start your day with weight loss exercises? It’s a better idea, according to a new study! Try these morning exercises to lose weight.
One of the best ways to start the day is to exercise. This will help achieve your fitness goals and keep you active as well. A September 2023 study published in the US National Library of Medicine found that people who exercised between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. were able to control weight better than those who exercised in the afternoon or evening. So, get ready to do some morning exercises to lose weight.
Exercising in the morning provides a lot of benefits that can positively impact your physical and mental health. First, it stimulates your metabolism, leading to increased calorie burn throughout the day, which can aid in weight loss, says Jashan Vij, a health and fat loss coach. Morning exercise also helps regulate circadian rhythms, promote a consistent sleep-wake cycle, and possibly improve sleep quality. Morning exercise also enhances the production of endorphins, which improves mood and reduces stress and anxiety levels, setting a positive tone for the day. Furthermore, exposure to natural light in the morning can help regulate your body’s internal clock, enhancing alertness and cognitive function.
The best morning exercises to lose weight
There are some effective morning exercises that can help in losing weight. Here are some of them:
1. Jumping cranes
• Stand with your feet close together and your arms at your sides.
• Execute a quick jump, simultaneously spreading your legs wide and raising your arms overhead.
• Return to the starting position by jumping again, bringing your feet together again, and lowering your arms to your sides.
2. High knees
• Start standing with your feet hip-width apart to do this exercise.
• Start a jogging motion in place, raising your knees as high as possible with each step. Maintain a fast pace, suggests Vig.
• Start in a standing position and then lower into a squat position, placing your hands on the floor and extending your feet into a plank position.
• Perform a push-up and then quickly return your feet to the squat position.
• Move yourself upward while jumping, extending your arms upward.
• Start in a plank position, with your hands aligned under your shoulders.
• Alternately pull your knees toward your chest in a running-like motion.
• Keep your core activated and maintain a steady pace throughout the exercise.
• To perform a plank, start in a push-up position, with arms fully extended, elbows locked, and toes supporting your body weight.
• Make sure that your body is in a straight line from your head to your heels, and hold this position for as long as possible.
These exercises engage multiple muscle groups, raise your heart rate, and contribute to efficient calorie burning. High-intensity exercises like jumping jacks and burpees boost heart and lung function, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, the expert says. These exercises enhance overall strength and develop endurance. Regular practice can increase your basal metabolic rate, making it easier to burn calories even at rest. Exercise releases endorphins, which reduces stress and anxiety and improves mood.
Warm up before exercising
Perform a proper warm-up and gradually increase the intensity and duration as your fitness level improves. People with joint problems or diseases such as arthritis should use caution when engaging in high-impact exercises such as jumping jacks and burpees because these movements can increase joint discomfort and increase the risk of injury. Women who have a heart problem or are expecting mothers should see a doctor first.
#Morning #exercise #losing #weight #Top #exercises #day