Excessive consumption and waste are serious problems, especially during the holiday season. To help combat this problem, TiktokerMostlyecomorgan shared some seriously innovative tips for keeping your holiday gatherings as sustainable as possible!
mostlyecomorgan If I have a big family gathering to host in November, here’s how I’d keep it sustainable. Stay tuned for more tips! #thanksgiving #thanksgivingdecor #lowwasteliving ♬ Original Audio – Mostlyecomorgan
- You are what you already have – When it comes to decorations, you don’t always have to go out and buy new things every year. This is your chance to get creative and find things at home that still give you a sense of comfort and festivity. This can be as simple as placing some decorative paper around the fireplace or TV stand.
- Upcycle – Recycling is a great way to bring new life to the things you already own. This can look like adding some yarn to old bottles for a rustic fall feel.
- Switch up your wall art – Something as simple as switching up your wall art with fall colors can make a surprisingly big difference. Whether it’s boards, logs, or decorations, these warmer hues will make your home feel cozy and festive without spending a dime.
- Add candles to the ambiance – Candles are a great way to add ambiance to any room. However, you don’t need to go out and buy the expensive ones if you don’t want to. You can learn how to make eco-friendly soy candles, and you can find them by saving!
You see, hosting a great holiday party doesn’t have to be a waste or expensive. With a few tips and tricks, you can completely change your space!
For more sustainable life hacks, follow Morgan on TikTok!
Easy ways to help the planet:
- Eat less meat: Download food monsterThe largest vegan recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your footprint on the environment, save animals and stay healthy. You can also purchase a hard copy or electronic copy from Favorite vegetarian cookbooks.
- Reduce your fast fashion footprint: Stand up against rapid fashion pollution and support sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue She raises awareness about important issues with zero-waste recycled clothing that is designed to be returned and remade again and again.
- Support for independent media: Public funding gives us more opportunity to continue providing you with high quality content. Please take into consideration support us By donating!
- petition signature: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest roster Petitions must be signed To help people, animals and the planet.
- Stay informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and topics of human interest by subscribing to Our newsletter!
- Do what you can: Reduce waste Plant trees Eat local food Travel responsibly Reuse things Say no to single-use plastic Recycle Vote smarter Switch to cold water washing Ditch fossil fuels Save water Shop wisely Donate if You can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget the microplastics and microbeads lurking in popular home and personal care products!
#Ways #Host #EcoFriendly #Thanksgiving